Updating Browsers for New Learning Pathway
Having the most updated browser will help your overall experience in the New Learning Pathways. It is also important for attending webinars through the New LP. Here is a list on most used browsers and how to upgrade them. You can check which browser you have installed within the New Learning Pathways.
Current Versions as of Aug 2018:
- Chrome: 68
- Internet Explorer: IE II
- Firefox: 61
- Microsoft edge:
- Windows 10: 42
- Mobile: 40
- Safari: 11.1 (Safari 10.9 or higher will work)
To Check what Browser Version you have: https://whatbrowser.org/
To update Google Chrome
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More, which might look like a series of dashes or dots, depending on your version of Chrome.
3. Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
4. Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
To update FireFox
1. Click the menu button, click Help and select About Firefox.
2. The About Mozilla Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
3. When the updates are ready to be installed, click Restart to update Firefox.
Important: If the update didn't start, didn't complete or there was some other problem go to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version
How to Update Internet Explorer
You can update Internet Explorer by downloading and installing it from Microsoft:
Important: You should only update Internet Explorer from Microsoft! Several legitimate websites offer Internet Explorer downloads, but many not-so-legitimate websites do as well. Your best bet is to update IE directly from the browser's developer—Microsoft.
How to Update Microsoft Edge
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select " Updates & Security.
4. Click "Windows Update"
5. Click "Check for Updates". Windows 10 will connect to Microsoft and check for any updates. If they are found, they will be installed.
How to Update Safari
In all versions of Mac OS X, there is a very handy tool called Software Update, which checks your computer and determines if there are any updates available for you to download and install. These range from updates to your Quicktime player to overall security updates for your entire operating system. Also included are updates to your Safari browser, which can be crucial to your browsing safety. Sometimes, when a security flaw within the Safari application is discovered, Apple will release a new version of the browser to correct it, and this can usually be downloaded and installed for you directly from the Software Update application. It is important that you check for updates often and install those that are crucial for security, such as these browser updates. Keep in mind that browser updates are not only for security purposes, as they often feature enhanced functionality. However, from a safety perspective, it is always important to keep your browser updated to the latest version.
First, make sure that you are connected to the Internet. Next, to manually launch the Software Update application, click the Apple menu (located on the upper left-hand side of your screen) and select Software Update...
This starts the App Store application and takes you to the "Updates" section.
Find and Update Safari.